Skip to main content

Ex-fire official pleads guilty in sexual assault case

Published September 28. 2018 12:34PM

The former president of a Palmerton fire company pleaded guilty on Thursday to sexual assault.

Keith Cebrosky, 65, of the 800 block of East Princeton Avenue, pleaded guilty to one count each of unlawful contact with a minor, criminal solicitation — sexual assault by volunteer or employee of a nonprofit, and intimidate witness/victim — withhold testimony.

Cebrosky was charged by the office of the state attorney general for incidents that began in January 2017. The AG charged that after using the minor victim for his own sexual gratification, Cebrosky arranged for a $1,000 cash payment to be delivered to the victim through a third party — in exchange for dropping charges against him. The 16-year-old victim met Cebrosky through volunteer work at the West End Fire Company where Cebrosky was formerly president.

The same victim was previously victimized by another fire company volunteer, Jordan Beggan, who was arrested last year by the AG’s office and pleaded guilty to felony charges. He was recently sentenced to a state prison term of 22 to 72 months.

Following Beggan’s arrest last year, the victim reported that Cebrosky patted the victim’s groin and buttocks one day, saying, “Wake up.”

The criminal complaint says Cebrosky also told the minor, “Now that Beggan is gone, is it my turn?”

Cebrosky propositioned him, asking the minor to perform sex acts in front of him. Cebrosky offered the victim cigarette money and cigars on separate occasions to perform the sex act.

Agents of the AG’s office questioned Cebrosky about his statements and contacts with the victim. Cebrosky contacted a third party to arrange a payment of $1,000 to the victim in exchange for dropping the charges against him. Cebrosky handed the $1,000 to the third party shortly before he was arrested without incident at the location designated for the cash payoff to drop the charges.

During an interview with investigators after his arrest, Cebrosky admitted to propositioning the minor and coordinating a payoff to the victim through the third party.

Thursday Cebrosky told President Judge Roger N. Nanovic II that he never touched the victim, which gave cause for the judge to hesitate in accepting the plea. After conferring with his legal counsel, attorney Adam R. Weaver, Cebrosky then said the facts as stated by deputy Attorney General Angela Lynn Raver were correct. Raver said the one charge of sexual assault by volunteer employee was adjusted to add the word solicitation to the charge, which does not allege actual touching.

Nanovic accepted the plea but deferred sentencing because the charges fall under the provisions of Megan’s Law. Cebrosky, currently an inmate in the county prison on the charges, will be evaluated by the state sexual offenders assessment board to determine if he is a violent sexual predator. If it is determined that he is, then he will have to register for life as a sexual offender. If not, the registration period is 25 years.

Nanovic also ordered the adult probation office to prepare a presentence investigation report. Sentencing should occur in about 90 days.

Comments

Classified Ads

Event Calendar

<<

November 2025

>>
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      
      

Upcoming Events

Twitter Feed